Best Website Domain Registrars Everything You Need to Know
Looking for the best domain registrars to purchase your domain name? There are many best domain registrars available today. Choosing the best domain registrar is a vital step to building any website.
But, if you want a domain for more than 5 years, i recommend DomainRacer. DomainRacer is one of the best domain and hosting providers in the world. The features of DomainRacer are as follows:
- Domain Registration Pricing: DomainRacer offers top-level domain names at a very reasonable price as compared to other domain registrars in the industry. If you’re getting hosting from DomainRacer, they provide great hosting features and faster speed.
- Ease of use: It’s easy to purchase your first domain name on DomainRacer. We really like their easy-to-use interface.
- Customer Support: It is the best platform with excellent customer support to help you with your online journey.
The best thing about DomainRacer is, you can get domain privacy protection without any cost. It’s free with a domain name.
Domain registers generally provide it as an extra feature. Every domain registers and web hosting provider costing domain privacy protection between $5 to $30.
However, the availability obviously depends upon your choice of the domain name. I personally also think DomainRacer is better for bulk domain name management.
5 Best Website Domain Registrars
There are many domain registrars to choose from, each with their own unique features and pricing structures. Here are a few popular options:
- GoDaddy: GoDaddy is one of the largest and most well-known domain registrars, with a wide selection of domain names and competitive pricing. Why you need to register a domain name?
- Namecheap: Namecheap is a budget-friendly option that is popular with small businesses and individuals. They offer a wide selection of domain names and affordable pricing.
- Nominus: Nominus is a domain registrar that specializes in providing DNS and security services. They offer a range of services designed to help businesses protect their online assets and improve the security and performance of their websites.
- Network Solutions: Network Solutions is a veteran domain registrar that has been in operation since 1979. They offer a wide range of domain-related services, including website design and hosting.
- HostGator: HostGator is a popular web hosting company that also offers domain registration services. They have a user-friendly interface and offer a range of hosting plans to meet the needs of businesses of all sizes.
It’s important to carefully consider the features and pricing of different domain registrars before making a decision, as the right registrar can depend on your specific needs and budget. Everyone has their own preferences.
Which domain registrars allow domain transfer?
All domain registrars allow domain transfers, but some of them make it hard for you to transfer domains out for obvious economic reasons.
If you no longer need a domain name, or you just bought it as a gift for someone else, you can always transfer the domain to another person. Luckily, all domain registrars allow this, but before you do this, you need to know what the restrictions are.
Typically, when transferring a domain, you need to ensure that:
· Your domain is not brand new and has been registered and unlocked for a minimum of 60 days.
· Your Admin contact info is up to date.
· The domain is already registered (you can’t transfer an unregistered domain).
· You have a transfer authorization code from your domain registrar.
What are the Steps When Transferring a Domain?
Depending on your domain registrar, these steps may be more or less different, but in essence, here is what you need to do in order to transfer a domain to someone else:
1. Disable WhoIs privacy to allow the new registrar to verify the domain name owner (meaning you).
2. Make sure all your admin contact information is up to date. Out of date contact information may result in a 60-day domain lockout.
3. Unlocking the domain. Your domain will be initially locked to prevent you from accidentally transferring it.
4. Obtaining the authorization code for the domain transfer from your registrar.
5. Requesting a transfer. You will need to provide the domain authorization code you got in step 3 to the new domain owner before he requests the transfer and buys another year of registration.
6. Approve the transfer via email. This is a simple “click yes” step, but you will have to make sure that you’ve completed step number 2 before. You cannot proceed with this step if you don’t have up to date contact information. Also, if you got an email address together with the domain you now want to transfer, you should consider registering another email for this.
Usually, domain transfers take anywhere between five and ten days to complete.